Unable to connect Kepware Interface

Hi All,

Have some issue while working on Kepware interface. Iam getting following error. need advise. Thanks in advance for your support.

I have setup IOT Gateway on KEPServerEX which is on my laptop itself and could able to see it on simple rest client (webpage)

simple webpage.PNG

please advise. Thanks

Regards,
Abdulla

Hi @Abdulla did you made any changed to the kepware interface? I can see that the formatting of your kepware configuration is different from what it should be. You are also missing the Port input field. I believe that that this is the reason why you can not connect to your kepware server. Your missing the right port selection.

No, initially i used index.js from the github repository. I was having the same issue. Then, later contacting @ben, he shared another file, but same issue even after using the Ben’s index.js.

I can’t attach the file i am using here as it does not allow any file other than media files like jpg, png, mp4

If you would like have quick remote session if that helps faster diagnosis, it would be really great help.

Please advise. Thanks

Hi Abdulla,
just to make sure that the core unchanged system is working on your side.

Would you mind installing the edge server into a new folder on your computer using the step by step instructions from https://github.com/ptcrealitylab/vuforia-spatial-edge-server.

Then try to connect to Kepware with this fresh install of the server. If we can establish that our install works on your machine, then we can circle down what issues your changes might produced.

Hi Valentin,

Thanks for suggestion and support.

As suggested, i did fresh installation into different location and could able to successfully install and also notice additional settings on the edge server related to Kepware interface.

I could not noticed any error this time . However, I had to set name and framename as well instead of leaving to default ‘0’ value.’ I have to check this with app to confirm if this is working as expected.

I will update here once i could get through .

Thanks again for your support and patience in responding :slight_smile: .

[image]

Hi Valentin,

I am able configure values in Kepware and could see changing in my edge server. I have installed app on iPhone and could also see Kepware object being detected in the ‘Focused Objects’ but not sure how to bind the values to Spatial Tools and write program.

The analog values from Kepware seems not taking and locked to boolean 0 or 1… Please advise

Hi Abdulla – great to see that your Kepware tag values are being sent to the nodes! In order to see these in the Toolbox, you’ll need to attach a target image to this KEPServerEX object that has these nodes. There is a guide here on how to attach target data to objects: https://spatialtoolbox.vuforia.com/docs/tutorials/attaching-targets-to-objects

Once you do that, if you point your phone camera at the image you attach, you should see the nodes rendered relative to that image. You can then tap and hold on each node to reposition it relative to the image, so that they are aligned better with the real world. If you add a graph to the scene and draw a link from one of the kepware nodes to the graph it will visualize its value over time.

Ah, this is an important aspect of the Kepware interface and something we should write better documentation about.

Nodes in the Spatial Toolbox were designed to send values ranging from 0 to 1 across any links. Because they all use a common range, all tools know how to interoperate. The Kepware interface keeps track of the minimum and maximum values of each tag since the server was started. It then normalizes the value of the node to be within the range of the tag’s minimum and maximum.

So for example, if the minimum temperature ever experience by the Temperature node was 10, and the maximum ever experienced was 30, and the current value is 20, then the node will output 0.5 because 20 is halfway between the minimum and maximum. This makes sure that all kepware nodes output values between 0 and 1, regardless of their original ranges.

To get the data back to its original value (20, in this example), each node includes its min and max range in the data packet sent across links (in this case it would output {value: 0.5, min: 10, max: 30}. Most tools in the toolbox don’t currently make use of the min and max, but the graph tool does! Try linking your Temperature or Pressure nodes to a graph and see if it displays the correct value.