Error blocking edge server start up

Hi all,

I am working through setting up a LEGO Spike Prime to connect to Spatial Toolbox, but whenever I run
‘npm start’ or ‘node server’ in my vuforia-spatial-edge-server directory, I am getting the following error:

Error: \?\C:\Users\jadelano\Documents\PTC-Toolbox-Windows\vuforia-spatial-edge-server\node_modules@serialport\bindings\build\Release\bindings.node is not a valid Win32 application.
\?\C:\Users\jadelano\Documents\PTC-Toolbox-Windows\vuforia-spatial-edge-server\node_modules@serialport\bindings\build\Release\bindings.node
at Object.Module._extensions…node (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1187:18)
at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:985:32)
at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:878:14)
at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1025:19)
at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:72:18)
at bindings (C:\Users\jadelano\Documents\PTC-Toolbox-Windows\vuforia-spatial-edge-server\node_modules\bindings\bindings.js:112:48)
at Object. (C:\Users\jadelano\Documents\PTC-Toolbox-Windows\vuforia-spatial-edge-server\node_modules@serialport\bindings\lib\win32.js:1:36)
at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1137:30)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1157:10)
at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:985:32)

Any help diagnosing this issue is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hello,

I believe this is an error that can be solved by executing “npm rebuild” in all places with a node_modules folder. I think for your case that would be the vuforia-spatial-edge-server folder and then all three of the addon folders. Once you run those 4 npm rebuild commands, that should resolve the error. Let me know if that works!

1 Like

This worked, thanks!