Run Vuforia Spatial Edge Server on AWS

Hi,

I wanted to install and run Vuforia Spatial Edge Server on one of my AWS instances:
namely a Linux server running Ubuntu 18.04.

When i run this command: node index.js

I get the following error:

Error: Cannot find module ‘/home/ubuntu/index.js’ at Function.Module._resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:952:15) at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:835:27) at Function.executeUserEntryPoint [as runMain] (internal/modules/run_main.js:71:12) at internal/main/run_main_module.js:17:47 { code: ‘MODULE_NOT_FOUND’, requireStack: }

Please help or supply me with any documentation you have for Linux install?

Hi @vadr again welcome to the community!

The edge server is programmed for realtime edge environments and therefore to run within a private local network. It is missing the security and user access layer that you would expect from a cloud server and it has discovery services that only work within private local networks.

That said, if you get nodejs installed on a local linux machine, the server should execute.

That specific error looks like you need to cd into the vuforia-spatial-edge-server directory wherever you downloaded it. If you follow the instructions here: https://github.com/ptcrealitylab/vuforia-spatial-edge-server/#installation the file index.js should exist in the cloned vuforia-spatial-edge-server directory.